Thursday, January 27, 2011

Moment by Moment

Today I spent a couple of hours with a girlfriend.  We talked for a bit about Spankee and her experience in losing a pet as well.  Then we shifted and shared about other things going on in our lives.  It was wonderful to have a reprieve from my grief and do something "normal".  I am grateful for my friends and family who have reached out to me during this time. I know that it is not easy to witness someone in their difficult moments of pain, but I also know how powerful it can be for both parties.  I am thankful for these people who know my tendency to go internal, to prefer to be alone and lick my wounds, and so those of you who have made the extra effort to connect with me during this time and encourage me to be other than internally-driven - thank you for your love and caring. 

No comments: